Basil seeds, with 8 different varieties to choose from! Basil has long been one of those staple herbs that every cook and gardener routinely adds to the herb garden. Spice things up a little this year, and try a new variety. Choose from:
– ‘Italian’ – the tried and true variety, with large green leaves and that signature basil flavor. The most common and well known basil.
– ‘Genovese’ – another popular variety, with large leaves and purple flowers. Intensely scented, and wonderful flavor.
– ‘Thai’ – lush, green, slightly smaller leaves, with pretty purple flowers and a slightly spicy flavor and scent. Excellent added to curries and stir-fry.
– ‘Dark Opal’ – large, glossy, bronzy-green leaves are as attractive as they are tasty! Looks beautiful planted amongst yellow flowering plants.
– ‘Licorice’ – if you like the taste of licorice, you will love this variety of basil! Silvery leaves, with a licorice scent and flavor.
– ‘Purple Ruffles’ – ornamental as well as full of flavor. Leaves are dark purple, with ruffles and fringed edges.
– ‘Spicy Globe’ – bush form of basil with a dense mounded shape. Perfect for pots, or small spaces.
– ‘Lemon’ – compact basil with lemony scent and flavor. Great in salad dressings.
Each packet of basil seeds comes with 1 g. of seed, with planting information included on packet. (see packet in photos) Basil seeds can be planted directly outdoors in the ground 1-2 weeks after the average last frost in your area, and you can expect your basil to mature approx. 2-3 months after planting. Give it a try, you guys – there is something uniquely satisfying about growing your own stuff right outside your door!
Tip: To keep basil plants producing all season, harvest leaves continuously and often – this promotes a bushy growth with lots of leaves.
|Dimensions||4 x 4 x 1 in|
Italian, Genovese, Thai, Dark Opal, Licorice, Purple Ruffles, Spicy Globe, Lemon